Saturday, November 6, 2010

Feet

You'd think that people who notice my height would always look straight up at my head, measure me up, and get over it. "You TALL!" they'd say, and then keep moseying down the sidewalk.

But usually, they look at my head and then down at my feet. Huh? I'm hypothesizing as to why this happens:

- To see if I'm wearing heels (to explain how i could possible be so enormous)

- To see what size shoe I wear (to explain how i possibly stay standing)

When I wear flat shoes, they look back at me with wide eyes. Yep, I'm tall. But here's the kicker- usually, If I'm wearing heels, they look away and figure that that's why I'm so tall.

So here's my idea- if I always wear heels, will people just say "ah, that's why she's so tall," and leave me alone? Doubtful. But it's a thought.

3 comments:

  1. A friend who is early 6'7 uses shoes as dealing with people who ask strange questions. Knowing they almost always look at her shoes she turns it around. When someone lets her know she is tall she gives them a puzzled look and then looks down at her shoes. Then she gets an "aha!" look and comes back and looks at them saying "oh, I'm not tall - it's these shoes that make me look tall". She often is wearing flip flops, so this is good fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! she's a genius! I'm going to start doing that. too bad flip-flop season is over. i'll start with flats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe they do it to see if you are hovering above the ground and not actually standing on it...

    ReplyDelete